Last updated: December 3, 2018
2. Account Creation. We do not require you to create an account in order to browse our website or place an order. We may require you to create an account in order to use certain interactive features, such as requesting our help to choose artwork for your home. You may also have the option of creating an account to save your information for future orders and communications.
3. Information We Collect.
a. Personal information is information that is personally identifiable, such as your name, home address, email address, and phone number, and that is not otherwise publicly available (“Personal Information”). We may collect Personal Information if you create an account with us, communicate with us, place an order for artwork, or otherwise use our Services.
b. We may automatically collect certain information about how you access or use our Services, including information about your access times and dates, referring and exit pages and URLs, clickstream data, search terms, pages viewed, bounce rate, and similar information.
4. How We Use Information We Collect.
a. The information we collect helps us to operate, improve, protect, and customize our Services, as well as provide customer support. In addition to the other uses of information described in this Policy, we may use your Personal Information for the following purposes:
i. to provide our Services to you, including new Services we develop later;
ii. to provide customer support and facilitate your communications or transactions with us;
iii. to operate, improve, and customize our Services, Content, and marketing, including to customize ads on or off our Services,
iv. to develop new Services;
v. to promote and maintain a safer and more reliable experience on our Services;
vi. to contact you (by email, postal mail, telephone, mobile devices, SMS text message, or as otherwise authorized by you) in order to address issues with your account or use of our Services, collect fees, send you updates about our Services or policies, or for other purposes permitted by law;
vii. to contact you (by email, postal mail, telephone, mobile devices, SMS text message, or as otherwise authorized by you) in order to send you marketing communications, promotional messages, and offers about our Services and Content, and the products, services, and Content of others (see below for information on how to opt out of receiving certain communications from us);
viii. to facilitate your participation in surveys, contests, sweepstakes, or other promotional events sponsored or conducted by us or by others in cooperation with us; and
x. to perform other functions as described when the information is collected or requested, or for other purposes with your prior consent.
b. We may aggregate or make anonymous any Personal Information that we have obtained in any way from or about you or others so that such information no longer contains any Personal Information. We may use and share any aggregated, anonymous, or other non-personally identifying information for any legitimate business purposes, including research and development, marketing, and to inform others about how our Services or Content are used.
5. Information Sharing and Disclosure.
a. Small Run will not rent, sell, or share your Personal Information with other people or unaffiliated companies, except to provide products or services that you have requested, or unless we have your permission as agreed in this Policy or otherwise.
b. We may contract with third-party service providers that help us provide some of our Services, or that perform some services for us related to our Services, and they may access your Personal Information as needed. Examples include but are not limited to order fulfillment, package delivery, payment processing, bill collection, fraud investigation, email and postal mail administration, customer service assistance, web and mobile data analytics, and server and database hosting services. For example, if you purchase artwork with a frame and we indicate that we are using a third-party framer to frame the artwork, then we will share your information with that third party to the extent necessary to fulfill your order. If you prefer that we do not share your name and address as provided in this paragraph, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org before you place your order. It is important to understand that in a situation like this, we may be unable to fulfill your order.
c. We use third parties, including Stripe (for credit card payment processing), to gather your data from financial institutions. By using our Services, you grant our third-party providers the right, power, and authority to access and transmit your personal and financial information from the relevant financial institution according to terms of such third-party providers’ privacy policies and service terms. We do not store credit card information entered on our Services. This information is stored by the third-party payment processor. We do receive certain information from the payment processor, including a unique token that we associate with you to authorize your purchases, and in certain cases, the last four digits of the credit card number associated with that token, in order to help prevent fraud and identity theft. If you do not wish to provide payment information, you will not be able to use certain Services.
d. We may share your Personal Information with third parties in order to respond to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal proceedings, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims. We also may share Personal Information with third parties when we believe it necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action in response to potential illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of our Terms of Service, Conditions of Sale, or other agreements between us and others, or as otherwise required by law.
e. In addition, we may share and/or transfer your Personal Information to a third party if Small Run is acquired by, reorganized, or merged with another company or if we sell all of the assets associated with one or more of our Services.
6. Communication Preferences. We may provide registered Users with settings on our Services to control whether they receive certain communications from us. If you do not want to receive marketing email from us, email us at email@example.com with “unsubscribe” in the subject line, or change your preferences in your profile and account settings (if you have registered for a Small Run account). Please note that opt-out requests may take up to five (5) business days to process. You may not be able to opt out of receiving some communications from us, such as email about your account, your relationship with us, or your transactions. For further information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that unsubscribing from receiving emails from us may result in a less robust experience of our Services.
7. Data Retention. We will keep and use your Personal Information as described in this Policy for (i) as long as your account, if any, is in use, open, and/or active; (ii) as long as is necessary to comply with any tax, legal, and/or other regulatory requirements; and (iii) as long as necessary to protect and defend against potential legal claims. If you would like to request the deletion of your Personal Information or request that it be returned to you, please contact us at email@example.com. By requesting removal of your Personal Information, you understand that you may no longer be able to use our Services. We will retain your anonymized, aggregated, depersonalized data after we have deleted the personalized data.
8. Children’s Privacy. Our Services are intended for individuals who are age eighteen (18) and above. We do not target our Services to children, and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13. If you believe we may have collected Personal Information about a child under the age of 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. Website Cookies.
a. A cookie is a small data file that your computer downloads from the Website, containing information about you to facilitate interaction with the Website and our Services. Cookies make it possible for us to store contents of your shopping cart until you are ready to check out, and to recognize your browser when you visit. By doing this, we can personalize your visits and save you time during checkout. Cookies can also enable us to track the interests of Users to enhance their experience with our Services. If you reject cookies, you may still use the Website. However, in order to enjoy the benefits of being a registered User of the Website, your browser must be set to accept cookies. Currently, we do not alter our data collection and use practices in response to Do Not Track signals.
b. You may opt out of being targeted by certain third-party ad-servers and Small Run served ads online using the National Advertising Initiative’s Opt-Out Tool, the About Ads Opt-Out Tool, or on TRUSTe’s site.
10. Security. Please note that while we use commercially reasonable measures to protect your information and maintain the security of our Services, due to the possibility of hardware or software failure, unauthorized entry or use, and other factors, we cannot guarantee the security of any information, whether online or offline. Any transmission of information is at your own risk. Please also note that any information you provide to us via email is unencrypted.
11. Visitors from Outside the United States. The Services are intended for use in the United States. Your Personal Information will be collected, stored, and used in the United States, subject to the laws of the United States. If you reside in a country outside the United States, note that the data protection and privacy laws of the United States may not be as protective as the laws in your country. You are solely responsible for compliance with foreign laws if you provide Personal Information and use the Services from outside the United States. You agree that the laws of the United States and the State of Washington will govern the processing of your Personal Information, including any obligations of security and third-party sharing.
12. Dispute Resolution. Any disputes involving you and us that relate to privacy or the use of information, including your Personal Information, will be subject to our Terms of Service, including any provisions regarding the limitation of liability, choice of law, and dispute resolution.
14. Contact Us. If you have questions or comments about this Policy, would like to know what Personal Information we hold about you, or would like to update, delete, or request access to your Personal Information, you may contact us by email at email@example.com, or by postal mail at 2118 E. Olive St., Seattle, WA 98122.
15. Effective Date. This Policy is effective as of the “Last updated” date at the top of this page.